The Flos Skygarden Suspension, designed by Marcel Wanders. PL306


Marcel Wanders is a product and interior designer who drew international recognition for his Knotted Chair produced by Droog Design in 1996. His work is ubiquitous; designing for leading international companies such as Flos, Alessi, Puma, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, MAC Cosmetics, Cappellini, B&B Italia, Moroso and Target. Wanders also designs for architectural projects, such as the Kameha Grand hotel in Bonn, the Mondrian South Beach hotel in Miami and the Villa Moda store in Bahrain. In addition to running his studio, Wanders is cofounder and Artistic Director of the successful design label Moooi (2001).


This stunning Skygarden ceiling light from Flos and designed by Marcel Wanders offers diffused downward light creating a comfortable atmosphere in any room in your home. The lamp body is made of plaster on the inside with embossed decorations, and hand-blown opal glass on the outside finished in glossy black. It's subtle design makes it perfect to fit stylishly within any room.


"In my previous house I had a fabulous antique-decorated plaster ceiling. I called it my Skygarden. it always looked good even without me having green fingers or taking care of it very well. It didn’t need water or sunlight but lived only on the warm rays of the electric light underneath it. I loved it so much that when time I moved house I couldn`t leave it. I had to find a way to take it to my new home. I took my tools and removed it from the ceiling. This fabulous piece of history is now secretly hidden in a minimalist architectural sphere in the heart of my new home where I can enjoy it with friends. If you tell don’t tell anyone, you can enjoy it with me.” Marcel Wanders


评论

热门博文